Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil in Hickory, NC, 9-1-08 concert review

2 posters

Go down

Phil in Hickory, NC, 9-1-08 concert review Empty Phil in Hickory, NC, 9-1-08 concert review

Post by StilHope Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:06 am

I posted this on the official music site forum of Phil's but thought I'd post it here as well for those who've never gotten to see Phil:

Well, as planned no photos or autographs to share but I did get to meet Phil and ID myself as Denise, AKA BC4Me and Stilhope "from the boards."

I went with my 21 year old daughter and her boyfriend who were probably surprised to find themselves big Phil fans after the concert.

Hickory, NC, isn't a big place and there weren't many people at the fair in general this year. Consequently, the crowd wasn't large for the concert which was a little disappointing to me. However, despite that and the fact that Phil has been on a very rigorous tour schedule, he delivered an energetic, high-quality set of songs lasting about an hour and a half. And the guy never hit a bad note in all that time.

He sang many but not all of his songs from his CD, including my favorites, "no way around a river" and "'round here." And he did "Old Glory" in a version close to the one that had tugged at my heart so when when I first heard it on YouTube from a Kansas concert last year.

He did a few covers, both of songs he sang in the Navy band and songs he sang on Idol, including, Blaze of Glory. All good.

Phil was witty, genuine and spontaneous both with the crowd during the concert and afterward when I was able to briefly say hello.

But all of this sounds so unemotional as I write it. In reality, there were tears in my eyes when he first came on stage I was so excited to be there. And I cried throughout the entire song, no way around a river, and during the end of Old Glory. I enjoyed all of it so much.

At 54 years of age, although I've had people, groups, actors, etc., that I've liked, I've never been a real fan as I am of Phil. I don't know what it was, but from the first time I saw him on AI, I just saw something special. And that feeling only grows over time.

I hope I get to see him again soon. And I hope all of you do too.

Denise

StilHope
Philnatic
Philnatic

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Phil in Hickory, NC, 9-1-08 concert review Empty Re: Phil in Hickory, NC, 9-1-08 concert review

Post by CFPhilfan Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:56 pm

Thanks for posting. Phili is indeed awesome, and he is winning new fans with every appearance.
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Female Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down