Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil at 2 events this weekend

2 posters

Go down

Phil at 2 events this weekend Empty Phil at 2 events this weekend

Post by CFPhilfan Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 pm

I don't remember if I have already posted this.

Friday February 15

Phil Stacey opens for Sawyer Brown at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, IL. http://www.searscentre.com/events/event.php?id=173
Saturday February 16

Phil Stacey performs during the first intermission of the Grand Rapids Griffins Hockey game. 7 pm.
http://griffinshockey.com/ticketsschedule/schedule/index.html?act[v]=graphical&frm[d]=2008-02-01&frm[e]=329

From my Google alerts. This is another notice about the event in Michigan, which is this weekend.

http://blog.mlive.com/soundcheck/2008/02/keep_cupid_singing_a_happy_tun.html

Saturday: "American Idol" star Phil Stacey skates into the Grand Rapids Griffins' 7 p.m. game to meet fans and sign autographs, then perform during the first intermission. Tickets, $5-$25, available by calling 222-4000.
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Female Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Phil at 2 events this weekend Empty Re: Phil at 2 events this weekend

Post by CFPhilfan Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:56 am

From my Google alerts. An article and pic of Phil at the Griffins' hockey game in Michigan! Very Happy Ace did this same event last year.
I'm posting the printer-friendly, blog version because it makes it easier to copy and paste. They got his age wrong, tongue . He is now 30.

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/02/idol_stacey_visits_griffins_ga.html

'Idol' Stacey visits Griffins game
Posted by knagenga February 16, 2008 18:58PM

Phil at 2 events this weekend Large_idol%20phil

Press Photo/Delbridge Langdon Jr.

Phil Stacey, a former "American Idol" contestant poses for pictures with local fans at Van Andel Arena on Saturday night. From left are Makayla Williams, 9, Nadia Williams, 8, and Abby McDiarmid, 7.
Phil Stacey is about to experience his first hockey game, and he is stoked.

"I used to only follow the Kentucky Wildcats basketball team," he said in an interview before his appearance at the Grand Rapids Griffins game against the Milwaukee Admirals on Saturday night.

"Because of 'American Idol,' (and the opportunities that came from being on the show), I am a huge sports fan these days," Stacey said.

Singing the national anthem and sitting on the sidelines of a Jacksonville Jaguars game has been only one dream come true for the budding sports junkie.

"I've heard you go to two hockey games and you're completely addicted," he said, adding that his manager, Chaz Corzine, who also manages Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith and others, has been trying to get him into hockey for some time.

Life is good for the former "Idol" contestant, a preacher's son who was born and raised in a series of Kentucky coal mining towns. Although he says his album, forthcoming in the summer, will not have much of the bluegrass he cut his musical teeth on, it will be a "gospel and rock-influenced" country record.

He and his siblings were not allowed to listen to mainstream rock 'n' roll growing up, but he and his older brother tried to circumvent that rule whenever they could.

"My brother snuck in a Bon Jovi record, and then tried to tell my dad they were a Christian band because of 'Living on a Prayer,'" the 29-year-old said, laughing. "My dad didn't buy it."

Still, the music was part of the boy and, when Stacey grew up, he found an outlet in rock bands he formed with college and Navy buddies.

Last season, Stacey tried out for "Idol" on a whim.

"I was supposed to be in a friends' wedding and had to back out because I had other commitments," he said. "The friend said, 'Okay, you can get out of it, as long as you try out for 'American Idol.'"

The married father of two rose to sixth place in the singing contest.

Less than a year later, Stacey is living large, enjoying the fruits of success post-"Idol" and looking forward to giving the world his gift of music and encouragement.

"You never know who is going to be listening to your music," he said. "I am a born encourager, and I want to encourage people and give them hope. This is the message I was put on this earth to give."
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CFPhilfan Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:00 am

Here is another pic, from another Google alert.

Phil at 2 events this weekend Large_finalist%20Phil%20Stacey
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CFPhilfan Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:33 am

This is an older story, about his faith and his time on AI, but it's still cool to read. Printer-friendly version for easier posting here.

http://www.mlive.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/entertainment-3/1203000356196890.xml&coll=6

'Idol' exposure lands Phil Stacey on Griffins' ice
Thursday, February 14, 2008
By Lorilee Craker
The Grand Rapids Press
GRAND RAPIDS -- When "American Idol" contestant Jordin Sparks' grandma started getting e-mails saying, "Vote for Phil Stacey," the 29-year-old former music pastor -- Stacey -- knew something was up.
Apparently, a huge e-mail campaign, fueled by the Christian broadcasting network American Family Radio, had worked its way all the way to the inbox of the eventual winner's relative.
"It was funny," said Stacey, who came in sixth during last season's "Idol" competition. "I asked Jordin's grandma if she was going to vote for me. She said, 'Yeah, Phil, sure I'll vote for you.'"
It was Stacey's first clue he had many more supporters than he could have imagined, constituting a fan base that helped launch his post-"Idol" singing career. The Nashville, Tenn.-based father of two said he is in the studio with Grammy-winning producer Wayne Kirkpatrick, working on a country album to be released in the spring. Stacey also has been opening shows for Sawyer Brown in some cities, a career accomplishment he couldn't have envisioned even when he continued to rise, against the odds, on the Fox TV talent show.
Stacey was in the dreaded "bottom three" four times during his tenure as a Top 12 contestant on the reality show, and each time he looked unfazed. But was he really?
"Actually, I was (totally calm)," he said. "I felt so blessed to make it as far as I did. I trusted that God had put me in that spot for a reason, and he would work it out."
The son and grandson of pastors, the singer bonded with fellow Christians Melinda Doolittle and Jordin Sparks during their time together on the show.
"We got to go to church once the entire time, on Easter Sunday," he said. "Melinda, Jordin and I would meet for devotions and to sing praise and worship songs."
He remains close with both women and also with his "Idol" roomie, Blake Lewis.
Since a Season Six concert tour ended in August, Stacey has been wearing many hats: as a husband to Kendra and daddy to Mckayla, 1, and Chloe, 4, and as a member of the U.S. Naval Reserve. Mostly, though, he has been singing for his supper, performing all over the country and recording his album, which he said he hopes will capture a "raw, organic" sound similar to the country act Little Big Town, for which Kirkpatrick also has worked as a producer.
Stacey said he also hopes his core beliefs will make their way onto the album, though it won't be an overtly Christian record.
"I learned on the show that you don't have to be in people's faces, and that God will still use you," Stacey said.
"It will be all positive songs -- no songs about getting drunk or anything like that. Basically, my faith is the biggest part of who I am, and that will come through."

If you go
What: The "American Idol" finalist will perform during first intermission of the Grand Rapids Griffins vs. Milwaukee Admirals hockey game at 7 p.m. Saturday. Stacey will meet fans and sign autographs before the game. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Where: Van Andel Arena, 130 W. Fulton St.
Griffins tickets: $5-$25 at The Zone inside the arena, Star Tickets Plus outlets, 222-4000, starticketsplus.com
©2008 Grand Rapids Press
© 2008 Michigan Live. All Rights Reserved.
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CFPhilfan Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:22 am

2 links of Phil at the Griffins hockey game. Credit to Aleecia for finding them. The poster of the links apologizes for the distance and the poor sound. Doesn't matter to me; I get to hear him again, I love you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOSIjkDBw38
Part of Blaze of Glory and then some of If you didnt love me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUQsxVdGp7o
Last part of If You Didnt Love Me
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_The_Love91 Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:54 am

lookin' good in that jersey! Wink