Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming Events

2 posters

Go down

Upcoming Events Empty Upcoming Events

Post by rdaisy22 Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:18 am

Hey everybody. I don't know how many of you might live in Florida or close by, but Phil is giving a concert outside a church in Ocala, FL pretty soon. Check out the details on www.deliveringdreams.org It sounds like a great fundraiser and a good opportunity to see Phil up close Smile

rdaisy22
Philnatic
Philnatic

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Events Empty Re: Upcoming Events

Post by CFPhilfan Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:55 pm

Thanks, rdaisy22. I'm a bit late posting this, but here is an article about the event. The picture included is larger, but I'm posting a resized version. I will try and post pictures in the tour folder later.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20081013/ENTERTAINMENT/810130234/-1/ENTERTAINMENT02?Title=_Idol__finalist_Phil_Stacey_to_perform_benefit_for_Delivering_Dreams

'Idol' finalist Phil Stacey to perform benefit for Delivering Dreams

By TRAVIS ATRIA
Special to the Star-Banner

Published: Monday, October 13, 2008 at 2:14 p.m.

OCALA - Most people couldn't do Ellen Huddleston's job.

As president and founder of Ocala-based Delivering Dreams Inc., she must deal with tragedy. Often. But out of heartbreak, Huddleston works to create something positive.

"I feel like God has put me here to do this," she says.

Delivering Dreams is basically like the Make a Wish Foundation for adults. Huddleston takes adults diagnosed with terminal illnesses and grants one last wish.

"I started (Delivering Dreams) because a friend of mine who was 32 years old was diagnosed with stage-four colon cancer," Huddleston says. "He was the kind of person who would give and give and give and never ask for anything in return. Because of him, that got the ball rolling, and I thought, why couldn't we do this for more people?"

On Saturday, with the help of an "American Idol" finalist, Huddleston will host a fundraiser to make sure she can continue to deliver dreams for more people.

"Our fundraiser last year made enough money to keep us going the whole year," she says. "We didn't have to turn anyone away."

Huddleston hopes to do as well, if not better, at this year's fundraiser. To that end, she booked "American Idol" finalist Phil Stacey, who will perform an outdoor concert Saturday.

"His music is very uplifting," she says of Stacey, the lovable bald singer from Jacksonville who now sings and records with a Nashville vibe. "I really like his music and his message."

In turn, Stacey says he is happy to help.

"Of course, I was thrilled to be a part of it," he says. "Any time that you can use a platform that you have to help with a cause is certainly a blessing."

That platform came to Stacey rather unexpectedly.

"I was in the Navy, and I missed (my friend's) wedding and he told me the only way he would forgive me is if I went and auditioned for ‘American Idol,'" says Stacey, who was among the top five during season six in 2007 (Jordin Sparks ultimately won the crown).

"I was shocked at how far I made it. All of a sudden, I found myself hanging out with Bono, with Tony Bennett. All of a sudden I'm on ‘Oprah,' and I see my ugly mug on People magazine."

Stacey, who felt compelled to join the Navy after Sept. 11, says a big part of his career since "American Idol" has been devoted to service of a different kind.

"A lot of what I do is community outreach stuff," he says. "Going into the hospitals and performing for veterans or children; altogether, it's actually exciting to be able to offer any piece of joy to families or individuals who are going through something so terrible."

Stacey knows a thing or two about dreams coming true, as well. In addition to his splash on "American Idol," which sparked a substantial fan base, he has performed at the Grand Ole Opry this year in conjunction with releasing his self-titled debut album on Disney's Lyric Street label.

Throughout 2008, Delivering Dreams has helped four people achieve their wishes, including a fully funded family trip to Disney World; the organization is currently working on two more wishes. They hope to double that next year.

For Huddleston, every dream delivered gives her the strength to carry on.

"I definitely get emotional and sad, but I also feel good because we get to give these people a good memory," she says. "When you call them and let them know that we're going to make their dream come true, that makes you keep going."

Upcoming Events 89202402gh7
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Female Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CFPhilfan Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Recap from Phil's "phan" Diane, about the Delivering Dreams concert that Joni also went to. I tried to edit it, and I will add her picture with Phil as an illustration. I think it is such a sweet picture. She is one of his most dedicated "phans," and I am glad she and Joni, my friend from Club Ace, got to finally meet.

I got to Ocala early as I wasn't sure where the church was and wanted to get there to make sure I could find it and not be late as I had not gotten my ticket yet. It was an outdoor concert by the way and the weather was beautiful. When I went over to get my ticket the lady said Phil had just done a sound check right before I got there. Darn! She said he had gone back into this big gray RV. Anyway, I got a VIP ticket which included dinner and a Meet and Greet. I started not to go to the concert as I had no one to go with but I decided to go on and maybe I could meet Judith's friend, Joni. They had a bloodmobile there and you could upgrade your ticket to VIP if you donated blood. I already had a VIP ticket but decided to give blood anyway. By the time I was finished there a few people had started to arrive. I wanted to make sure I got a front row seat so I went over and found one right up front. I saw someone who looked like Joni and asked if it was her. She said yes so I told her who I was and she remembered me from the Jacksonville concert where I went on stage and held the flag for Old Glory. She was very nice and I was glad to have someone to hang out with. We went and ate our Bar-B-Que dinner and then Phil came out for the Meet and Greet a little later. I forgot to mention I had spotted Kendra earlier from a distance as she was walking to the RV with 4 children. So, Phil came out and greeted everyone in the line. Taking time to chat and take pictures, etc. I told him he probably did not remember me (I brought a picture from the Jacksonville concert where we held the flag so he would know who I was) but he said he did remember me before I even showed him the picture. Joni took our picture and then we just stood over to the side and watched and took more pictures and he greeted everyone. He seemed just a little "off". I think he was either tired or not feeling well. I noticed it looked like he was getting over a cold sore on his mouth. Those can make you feel really bad. But he was still very kind and gracious to everyone. The concert started after the Meet and Greet and there was a man named Heath Hensley, who sang for about 30 minutes or so. Then our Phil came on. Even though earlier he seemed a little not his usual self when he came out on the stage he was "on". I was disappointed there was not a bigger turnout because Phil is so awesome and I just wish everyone could hear him perform because you can't help but just love him. One thing I have to say about Phil, whether he is singing for 50 people or 500 people he puts his whole heart and soul into his performances. He just puts it ALL out there. I was standing and cheering for Phil after every song. I just really wanted him to know how much he is loved and appreciated. After about the 3rd song he pointed to me and said "I love you". He jumped up and down and clapped like I was doing to show the crowd how I was reacting. It was funny! He performed the same set in Ocala as he did in Jacksonville. He puts so much energy and personality into his songs. He interacts with the audience and tells little stories. After about the 5th song he pointed to me again and said "I can't see you but I just love you". I shouted I love you too, Phil. He said Don't be jealous, Kendra. I said she doesn't need to be jealous. I am old enough to be your mother Wink . He laughed. I believe that Phil is such an incredible person and awesome performer that I just want to let him how much he is loved. I want to give back to him as much as he is giving to us in his performances. I had my flag with me and Joni said she would help me hold it during Old Glory. We didn't go on stage but just walked up to the front and held it while he sang. Before he started to sing Satisfaction (which is amazing) he asked the audience to stand up and dance. He said if you don't want to stand up just dance in your chair. Well, of course, I wanted to stand up and dance. I had been dancing in my chair the whole evening. So he proceeded to sing and I proceeded to dance. When he got about half way through the song he came down the steps to join me. OMG!! Phil Stacey was dancing with me!!! It was unbelieveable. This just shows how much Phil appreciates his fans. It was something I will never forget. Before his last two songs, he talked to the audience about Delivering Dreams and what a wonderful organization it was. He encouraged us to go and check out their website. He talked about giving back and even if we could just give $5 a month it would go to such a good cause. Between the two shows, a mother got up and told about how Delivering Dreams had paid for her daughter, who had cancer, and the whole family to go to Disney World for a week. Her daughter has since died. Oh, I forgot to mention that between the two shows Joni and I went to the merchandise table to see what they had. We were looking down at the t-shirts and stuff and when I looked up there was Kendra sitting there. I said Hey, Kendra. She talked to us for a little while. She is so sweet and smiles all the time. Joni and I bought a red t-shirt that says Old Glory on one side and Phil Stacey on the other. I love it! Kendra told a funny story about the red t-shirt. She said the whole family went to the zoo recently, his parents included, and they wore the red t-shirts. She said Phil said, "I can't wear this t-shirt". I didn't ask her if he ended up wearing it but that sounds just like him to not want to wear a t-shirt in support of himself. Anyway, the concert was just awesome. Phil was amazing. I am so glad I went. It was so much fun. I just wish everyone "out there" would go and hear Phil if he comes to your area because you would NOT be disappointed. He puts on a great concert. At the end of the concert Phil announced he would be in the back at the merchandise table for signing and picture taking. Kendra was back there also. That's when Joni and I got our picture with Phil and Kendra in our red t-shirts. We talked to him for about 10 minutes. We waited until the end of the line so we could have more time and not feel rushed. I told Phil, I just want you to know I am not normally a crazy woman but you just bring it out in me. ops: He laughed and said something back but I can't remember what it was. Any way, it was simply the most fun I've had in a long time. And Phil is without a doubt... the best

Upcoming Events Phildianedelivdreamsconce1
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CFPhilfan Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:54 pm

A few more pics. Credit to Joni.

[Phil with Joni on his right; his wife, Kendra, and Diane on the left. They are wearing the shirts she described in her recap.

Upcoming Events Joniphilkendradianedeliki2

Upcoming Events Philsmilingdelivdreamsche3 Upcoming Events Philcloseupdelivdreamscjc4
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CFPhilfan Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:56 pm

Upcoming Events Smilingphiltf1iu1 Upcoming Events Joniandkendrari3ek6

Upcoming Events Philsingingweyesclosedgdl0 Upcoming Events Philstaceyocala10180802zu9

Upcoming Events Philstaceyocala10180804gz4 Upcoming Events Philstaceyocala10180811ks5
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down