Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil at Lee University

3 posters

Go down

Phil at Lee University Empty Phil at Lee University

Post by CFPhilfan Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:00 pm

Blog about Phil's upcoming event at his alma mater, Lee University. the author needs to be a bit more accurate with her info, though, :p .

http://bradleynewsgroup.blogspot.com/2008/02/phil-staceys-back-in-town-and.html

Monday, February 18, 2008
Phil Stacey's Back in Town And Performing at Lee

By Melissa Snyder

2007 American Idol contestant and Lee University graduate Phil Stacey will be performing on Thursday, February 21, during the 10 a.m. chapel service at Lee University. The chapel service is free to the general public and everyone is encouraged to attend. With the announcement of his debut recording album, he will be performing songs from it entitled, "If You Didn’t Love Me."

Stacey has been touring with the top 10 from American Idol and working with popular musical artists, such as Rascal Flatts and Josh Gracin.

Today, he and his wife, Kendra, also a Lee graduate, reside in Nashville. Stacey has signed with Lyric Street Records, and his upcoming album is being produced by Grammy- and Dove-award winning songwriter Wayne Kirkpatrick.

Stacey's first album is set to be released in April.

Phil at Lee University Picture+3
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Female Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Phil at Lee University Empty Re: Phil at Lee University

Post by CFPhilfan Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:15 am

Here is a brief article. The reporter forgot to include the link to his "sample" of songs, but at least we know more about the cd! Very Happy I'll keep checking for a link.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/stacey_966652___article.html/music_idol.html

Idol Finalist Phil Stacey Comes Home
Nathan Frick
February 21, 2008 - 4:24PM
Phil Stacey was back in town today and showing songs from a new album.
Here's a sample from his Lee University Concert this morning.

Stacey made it to the top 6 of American Idol last year on the contest. He says singing on Idol has prepared him for his career.

He says his faith in God has kept him going and ever since he has been very busy with musical performances.

Although he sang several different types of music on American Idol, he plans to focus in on one genre for his career.

"If I'm to stay true to my roots, I've got to do country music," Stacey said. "I think everything I want to sing about and the kind of music I want to sing, is Country music

The self-titled album is due out April 29th and has 11 songs on it.

Accompanying pic.
Phil at Lee University 1203629062-063idol07staceyphil
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CFPhilfan Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:16 am

I found an article! They will have a TV broadcast up soon, Very Happy .

http://bradleynewsgroup.blogspot.com/

Bradley News

Thursday, February 21, 2008
Stacey Takes Center Stage, Promotes New Album
By B. Jay Johnson

Hundreds of college students sang along with rising country music singer Phil Stacey during a performance at Lee University Thursday morning. Stacey, a Lee graduate, finished in the top six on last season's American Idol. He currently has a hit single called “If You Didn't Love Me,” which is taking the country music charts by storm.
The Conn Center at Lee was filled to capacity with spectators, the media and members of Stacey's family, including his wife, Kendra, and their two daughters - Chloe and McKayla.

Bradley News TV carried the concert live online for those who were unable to attend.

Stacey opened the show with several songs of inspiration. He asked the audience to stand and sing along with him. Then, the 30-year-old singer broke into the songs he recorded on his album, which will be released on April 29.

Following the concert and a small press conference, Bradley News obtained an exclusive interview with Phil and Kendra Stacey and their two young daughters. The couple engaged in a candid and revealing conversation with B. Jay Johnson about fame, fortune and family.

The interview will air on Bradley News TV
soon.

Photo: Phil and Kendra Stacey relax with their four-year-old daughter Chloe after the concert.

Looks like Chloe may have Daddy's blue eyes, but it's hard to see.

Phil at Lee University Picture+2
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CFPhilfan Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:21 pm

Sent: 2/27/2008 8:36 AM
Article about Phil from the Lee Clarion.

http://www.leeclarion.com/life/2008/02/27/return-of-the-idol

Singer and songwriter Phil Stacey paid Lee University a visit Thursday, Feb. 21 during the morning chapel service. He started the performance off with a more intimate worship time accompanied by his acoustic guitar. Stacey began by leading everyone in worship favorites, “Open the Eyes of My Heart” and “Holy is the Lord.”
Before auditioning for American Idol’s sixth season, Phil Stacey graduated from Lee University in 2002 then spent several years in the navy. He describes his ironic rise to fame as an unplanned series of events. After having to turn down a friend when asked to be the best man at a wedding, Phil found himself in a comical bargain.
“[My friend] told me the only way he’d forgive me [would be] if I auditioned for American Idol.”
Phil Stacey’s self-titled debut album is set to hit stores April 29. The 11 track project is predominately country, fused with some pop and rock influences.
“I think that if I’m going to stay true to my roots…I’m going to do country music. That’s everything that I want to sing about. [Country music has] basically been a part of who I am. I was born in Kentucky,” said Stacey in an interview with the press.
The former American Idol contestant is signed to Lyric Street Records, a part of Disney Music Group and an arm of Walt Disney Studios. His album features the hit single “If You Didn’t Love Me,” which he dedicated to his wife Kendra during his Thursday morning concert.
As a recent Lee alumnus, Stacey was more than willing to perform for the current students of the University.
“Coming back to Lee University is a thrill for me. I love Lee University. I absolutely enjoyed my time here,” said Stacey, as he rattled off many other names of music industry personalities who also came from Lee. “I think that there’s an anointing on this place from God. I believe that God has raised people up through this university to go out into the entertainment industry, not necessarily to preach from a pulpit at everybody but to be a Christian example to the public eye.”
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_The_Love91 Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:59 pm

i love that picture of phil, kendra, and chloe!I love you she looks beautiful, just like her parents!Rolling Eyes
Phil_The_Love91
Phil_The_Love91
Philnatic
Philnatic

Female Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-12-22

http://www.myspace.com/june_bunny91

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:17 am

Thanks for posting all of that CFPhilFan!
Danny
Danny
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2007-02-17

http://www.philnatics.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CFPhilfan Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:56 pm

You're welcome! Smile It's my pleasure.
CFPhilfan