Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article about Phil, the video, and Valentine's Day

2 posters

Go down

Article about Phil, the video, and Valentine's Day Empty Article about Phil, the video, and Valentine's Day

Post by CFPhilfan Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:59 pm

This came in my Google alerts as part of a Carrie Underwood fan site, but I am posting it from the original source. A bit bittersweet for Phil, but with a sweet pic, and he's got some romantic plans for him and Kendra, Very Happy . I understand perfectly, as often my husband and I had to celebrate an occasion on a different day. Happy Valentine's Day to you 2 lovebirds, I love you From tennesseean.com .

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080214/COLUMNIST0501/802140412/1121

February 14, 2008

Phil Stacey's Valentine's gift for wife is video cameo

By BEVERLY KEEL

Phil Stacey put his wife, Kendra, in his new video, which is a good thing since he's away from home on Valentine's Day.

Phil, a former American Idol finalist, filmed the Roman White-directed video for "If You Didn't Love Me" last week in Watertown.

"The song basically talks about how you can depend on the ones you love to help bring you through a tough situation," Phil says of the song. "The video is based on a torn-down 1960s hotel with green carpets and yellow wallpaper. The idea is that you are getting a look into individual hotel rooms, each one depends on a story line of a person who depends on the love of someone else.

"That is my story line. I'm obviously waiting around for someone, and it ends up being my wife," he says. "She was completely cool. I was the one who was nervous. The director said, 'We want you guys to kiss here.' I said, 'What? We are not big PDA people. We are not about public displays of affection.' "

Phil, whose album debuts in April, is on the road today, but he says he'll make up for it later. "This is a big year for us because it's our 10-year wedding anniversary, so we'll end up doing something really nice down the road when this radio touring is over," he says. "We'll go to the Greek Isles or have a second honeymoon somewhere."

The former Navy man admits that he has become frustrated with the amount of time his new career requires him to be away from his wife and two young daughters. "I was sitting at dinner with my wife and I reached across the table, took her hand and said, 'Honey, is this worth it with me gone all the time?' She said, 'Phil, you were born to do this. I am 100 percent behind it. It is worth it.' "

Because of her support, he says, "I can do this with joy in my heart knowing that this is my purpose."

Article about Phil, the video, and Valentine's Day 17110929wv0

I had to chuckle at what he said about public displays of affection, Laughing . What about them kissing when he was being eliminated on AI, which the camera didn't really show; or when they kissed after him singing "I Could Not Ask For More" in Wichita, where he had pulled her up on stage? I thought we had to say, "Get a room," tongue I love you .
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Female Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Article about Phil, the video, and Valentine's Day Empty Re: Article about Phil, the video, and Valentine's Day

Post by Phil_The_Love91 Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:31 am

aww, i love those two I love you i remember them kissing after his performance in Witchita, so cute!
Phil_The_Love91
Phil_The_Love91
Philnatic
Philnatic

Female Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-12-22

http://www.myspace.com/june_bunny91

Back to top Go down