Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recap and video link to Phil at the Opry 7/12/08

Go down

recap and video link to Phil at the Opry 7/12/08 Empty recap and video link to Phil at the Opry 7/12/08

Post by CFPhilfan Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:15 pm

I posted these at Phil's msn site. Several there don't get GAC, so this is the next best thing.

The Opry radio, www.wsmonline.com , interviewed Phil at around 7:45 p.m. Phil said that they will putting out "No Way Around a River" as the next single. Talked about "Country Sings Disney" and they came to him and suggested that he sing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight." He had not heard the song since recording it, if I understood him right, and when hearing the cd, he thought that it was very good. He feels that it is an honor to be on the cd. Talked about his musical roots; his dad being the pastor of Hendersonville Church of God, and him touring since age 14. Even though he has tried pulling away from music, like in college, something pulls him back. So he then majored in music in college and became part of the Navy rock band Pride. They ended the interview by playing " 'Round Here."

On the live show, Phil came on after Ricky Skaggs sang a song. He sang IYDLM. Looks like he had the house band, except for Rich, his bass player and backup singer, who was 1 of those who sang backup. Phil was wearing jeans and the same black shirt as the one in the pic below from teh Wing Ding in Sarasota, Fla. . He's got a bigger design in the back. And he sounded good, Very Happy . He seems to be sounding better and better.

recap and video link to Phil at the Opry 7/12/08 171312081450754cc4

They showed a shot of him backstage, then went to Heidi Newfield (I think; I forgot the order of the show, for obvious reasons, Embarassed )He sang "No Way Around a River" after Heidi Newfield sang and they had commercials, I think. He played the guitar, which I loved seeing. I have seen pics of him playing it, and saw him in the videos at his dad's church, but not on a show or in person yet. Ricky Skaggs said that he was glad to know that he was from Kentucky, Laughing . At one point they showed a pic of Phil from AI, where he was dressed like the pic below. They said they will talk to him later.

recap and video link to Phil at the Opry 7/12/08 Idolphoto16pb0

Nan Kelley from GAC interviewed him backstage. Talked about his "entourage," meaning his family. I edited this part after posts from an aunt of Phil's and his high school teacher, who both knew who were going to be there. In the pic they showed Amanda, Phil's sister-in-law;Becke, Phil's sister, and Kendra. There were some others who I didn't recognize One young girl is his niece, Hope, and I saw a gentleman, too, but I don't know who he is. Phil's dad, Gary, was supposed to have been there, too, with Amanda and her family. So he m ay have been the gentleman I saw. Phil talked about how blessed he was to be there and mentioned Roy Acuff and Hank Williams, I think, as 2 of his influences. Talked about his gospel heritage, too, and he spoke of his dad being a pastor and singing contemporary Christian music. Nan mentioned how busy he is by looking at his schedule, and she mentioned him touring soon with Kellie Pickler and his label mate, Bucky. They didn't mention this, but later in the year he will be touring with Josh Gracin, his other label mate, too. I will post it in the schedule eventually. Mention was made of him being on Lyric Street Records and Phil mentioned the "Country Sings Disney" cd. I think Nan ended the interview by saying that they could definitely "feel the love" with him, too, referring to "Can You Feel the Love Tonight," .

Link to video of him singing "IYDLM." If they put up one of "No Way Around a River," I will post the link.

http://www.truveo.com/Phil-Stacey-Opry/id/63729526
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Female Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

recap and video link to Phil at the Opry 7/12/08 Empty Re: recap and video link to Phil at the Opry 7/12/08

Post by CFPhilfan Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:22 pm

Pic of Phil at the Opry. Credit to GAC, Opry, and mjs.

recap and video link to Phil at the Opry 7/12/08 Philhistelevoprydebutcruf1
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Female Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down