Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil in my area!

Go down

Phil in my area! Empty Phil in my area!

Post by CFPhilfan Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:12 am

I guess on the way to South Florida, Phil managed to be part of activities near me! cheers Too bad I didn't know about it sooner, otherwise I might have tried to go tonight to where he will be. Basically, Phil was part of a parade we have in Tampa, and he will perform tonight at the Italian Club in the suburb of Ybor City. The concert is free. The parade is called the Gasparilla Parade. I didn't know he was going to be on until I heard his name mentioned by the TV anchors. He was sitting on the back of a convertible, throwing beads at the crowd. I could only see his back, and as it is, I was too late recording it, Sad I'll post links below for more info. I'm posting 3 pics and the captions that the site got of him. I have also e-mailed the newspaper covering the event about the mistake with his name, tongue

http://gasparillapiratefest.com/history.shtml (history of Gasparilla; this pirate didn't really exist, from what I understand, though)

http://www2.tbo.com/static/sections/tbo-entertainment-gasparilla/ (highlights)

There will be a streaming video of the parade at tbo.com , keyword "Gasparilla."

Phil in my area! 1837009
Copyright TBO.com Staff
Former American Idol finalist Tim Stacey performs with the US Navy Jazz Band South East prior to the start of the Gasparilla Invasion Saturday. Joseph Brown III/Tampa Tribune

Phil in my area! 1837018

Phil in my area! 1837002
Copyright TBO.com Staff
Former American Idol finalist Tim Stacey greets fans after performing with the US Navy Jazz Band South East prior to the start of the Gasparilla Invasion Saturday. Joseph Brown III/Tampa Tribune
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Female Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Phil in my area! Empty Re: Phil in my area!

Post by CFPhilfan Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:48 pm

Below are the PM's of an Ace Young fan from Tampa, who last year won the Edy's ice cream party at her house. Ace came with his guitarist to perform for her and 25 of her friends. Here she has relayed to me her experiences of meeting Phil, and Ace is involved in a small part! She shared her pics with me as well. I'm so grateful to her. I'll post some of them below.

You are NEVER going to believe who I met today!! Your Phil!! He was in Tampa for the Gasprilla parade and I took some pics for you! Then we are sitting at our car after the parade having a sandwich and here comes Phil walking down the sidewalk lost!! Woo HOO! Got to meet him, have pics taken, told him all about my Ace adventure...
Anyway, he is doing a free concert tonight in Ybor city!! I'm going, wanna meet me there?

Of course, I couldn't go, but here is what she PM'ed me after, especially the parts in bold, which are meaningful to me, her and Ace's fans. Many have taken more of a liking to him now, just for having supported Ace in that bulleting he posted.

Just got home from the show. It was AWESOME! We walked in the club and there were only about 50 people and there were open seats in the front row. We sat right in front of him.
He sang his new song which is so so nice. He was dancing and shaking it up pretty good in a couple of the songs. My friend and I gave him a standing O and he was so happy! He came down off the stage and hugged us, asked what our names were. He went back on the stage and said "I want everyone to meet my friends Joni and Shelley, they are my favorite girls! Then he said, well except for my wife and daughter. LOL
Anyway I got to sit and talk with him a while. I told him that you sent the prayers to him and his family and he said to thank you so much.
I still had the pic of Ace at my house on my camera so I showed him those and he seemed happy to see them. I told him when he talkes to Ace tell him he was with Joni in Tampa. So about 5 minutes later he came over and said, I have something for you to see. He had texted Ace and told him an Ace wrote back to tell me hi and he hoped we were rockin' out. It was cute.

So my friend said she wasn't leaving without a navy guys hat. LOL
So when the concert was over, she asked a guy if he had an extra and he said yes. So she went over and had Phil sign it. I didnt' have anything for him to sign
I wanted to print the pics out from when we met him today but didn't have time before I left. I figured we would never get close enough to him anyway to get them signed.
Why don't you send me your email address so I can send you my pics. I just got a new camera and I didn't know how to work the video portion. I think I might have gotten a little bit of him singing video'd but I'm not sure yet.

Hope this all makes since because it's been a long day and I'm excited and tired!

Oh and the Navy band played a caribean song and everyone did the conga line. When I was going past where Phil was standing and I told him come on in and he did. So I got to Conga with him! What fun!

Man, I'm jealous, Laughing Embarassed . She got a message from Ace through him! What a sweetheart he is to message Ace! I love you And she did the conga with him! :O Last time I did the conga with a guy was one in high school I had a crush on. Anyway, I'm waiting for the pics to share with everyone. I'm so excited, and I still haven't met either one of my guys! Very Happy Embarassed

Her pics. Hopefully I don't overwhelm everyone with them, Embarassed I've had to resize them so they don't take up too much space.

Phil in my area! L2d76509a0787c557590f9dyp2 Phil in my area! L60d30f2077be544567d9dbqp8

Phil in my area! L871dbc25cbcc55a43260cana2 Phil in my area! L11b1faf258f785937f3e9agx3

Here is Joni finding Phil lost in Tampa, LOL the other one is of Joni with Phil at the Italian Club in Ybor City. The last pic is of the sailor's hat Joni's friend Shelley got and had Phil sign it.
Phil in my area! L809693fd70cf68979cf970cj7 Phil in my area! La974a451510b445ff65294cm4

Phil in my area! La93b862a2ae5f9520d4239dq1 Phil in my area! L9d941961fea0fbaa123171vh4 Phil in my area! L8c69448b7b8de84eecd895wi1

Phil in my area! L519992d2ff53400a36095auz1 Phil in my area! Le64a0446b3e4b40ac9e1f8ge1

Phil in my area! Lb795196667bd06e530ce58tq7 Phil in my area! L12bd297211e40389ae00dbih0

Phil in my area! Lc6e057c02dbd2cad1f896eeg6 Phil in my area! L0b86ad4d6c24328c4a14b6ef9 Phil in my area! Lfb7e5353c133c37d772feeat6
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CFPhilfan Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:23 pm

OMG! Joni rocks! cheers She told me to look out for some "happy mail," and it turned out to be an autographed pic of Phil in the Gasparilla parade! Very Happy I love you . She told me that she would take some pics she took and printed for him to sign. And I did see him signing stuff, but using an "Office Depot" thingee to help hold up what he was signing. Turns out the mail left me that thingee on my front door step! I don't know if I can take a pic and post it here, but it says "To Judith-God Bless You!" and his fancy, swirly signature that includes a smile. I love you That is so sweet of Joni. She knew I couldn't go see him and she blesses me like this. Embarassed He is supposed to be in Tampa again April 12th, just before his album is released, and I'll try and go. He told the audience that, but the event and the other acts have not been announced yet.

This is the pic Joni had him sign for me. I love you
Phil in my area! L60d30f2077be544567d9dbqp8
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down