Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil to release "Old Glory!"

Go down

Phil to release "Old Glory!" Empty Phil to release "Old Glory!"

Post by CFPhilfan Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:09 pm

OMG! cheers There was talk about this on Phil's msn board, after he had performed this at his recent 2nd appearance at the Opry: how the fact that he received a standing ovation for his beautiful original song, "Old Glory" should tell his label that they should release it. I read about it in an article about him headlining the Boomtown Days in Joplin, MO, this Saturday. Link about the event below. The part about "Old Glory" is below. They are incorrect about when he performed it, though, but anyway: it has been received well, considering the times we are in.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/enjoy/local_story_157163544.html?start:int=15

“I’m a songwriter at heart, and there’s a lot of people here in town that I’d love to write with,” Stacey said. “And it looks like I’ll have that opportunity.”
He hopes to enter the studio again later this month to work on material with Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts, and he’s currently working on tracking an original song, “Old Glory,” that he performed during his Opry debut.

“It’s a simple song that I wrote before I was ever an ‘Idol’ hopeful,” he said. “It got a standing ovation by the second verse, and (the record label) said, ‘You’ve got to record this song.’”

Stacey said that “Old Glory” will likely wind up on future shipments of his first album, or as an Internet extra for those who download it.
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Female Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down