Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AI7 article mentioning Phil

Go down

An AI7 article mentioning Phil Empty An AI7 article mentioning Phil

Post by CFPhilfan Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:22 am

From my Google alerts. I'm posting the part where Phil was interviewed and spoke about Colton, the rocker in the AI7 Dallas auditions. Not a bad opinion of Phil, considering this paper has not been kind to Idols in the past. I lived there, so I know how this paper is. tongue Rolling Eyes

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/idol_watch/2008/01/american-idol-d.html

My heart dropped when Colton, the rocker, said he was going to sing Boondocks from Little Big Town. Little Big Town is my favorite group, currently anyway, and how would one voice sing the terrific four-part harmonies in that country song? Whew. Relief. Colton didn't mess it up. I don't hear rock in him, but I hear some country in the boy. I hope he comes to realize who he is as an artist and sticks to country. In a recent interview with last year's Phil Stacey, he told me he felt he'd made a mistake by trying to show everything he could do. He said you have to know who you are and play up your strength. This is a good message for Colton. Stay country, you'll advance. {As for Phil, he's playing the Kiss Country Chili Fest this month -- two songs from his forthcoming debut CD. I've heard the first single. It's a decent radio song. He'll have a country hit I think.)
CFPhilfan
CFPhilfan
Super Philnatic
Super Philnatic

Female Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down